Sunday, December 16, 2012

Crystal Dawn Family Session!

I have shot Crystal and her adorable family almost exactly one year ago in Wendell, NC.  I got shots from that session that I will forever be in love with.  She is one of the sweetest women I have ever met, and the same goes for her kids.  We go way back as I have known her since high school!  Little did I know, almost ten years later, I would be capturing these sweet moments of raising a family for her and her children to cherish for generations to come.  This time, I even got a little emotional seeing just how much these children have grown in one year!  

After looking at some of my recent work, Crystal decided that she wanted to shoot in Downtown Raleigh.  I was so excited to change up our normal scenario.  The buildings in the warehouse district are colorful and full of character.  I knew we would get great shots of her family in that setting.  Plus, she always does the best job of getting everyone dressed to the nines and looking picture perfect!  I love her little notes to me through Facebook asking me what sort of things would look cute!  

Crystal was worried that this year would be hard to get good shots of her youngest.  "He is two years old and all over the place!", she said.  But I reassured her that everything would be just fine!  I have a two year old as well and totally understand feeling like you cannot get them to sit still for photos.  Luckily for me and my experience with my own daughter, I had a few tricks up my sleeve for this session.

The session went wonderfully!  I am always left with a huge smile on my face and a strong urge to rush home and edit after shooting this family!  Major props go to Crystal for being able to get so much air in those pumps!!  






2 comments:

  1. Wow.. Lovely this is Beautiful Photography.. Great Awesome Thanks..

    Wedding Websites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unprofessional – Paid $160 to reserve a date for a Family Photo. On the day of the Photo (hours before), she cancelled and wanted to reschedule to the next day or two. We were devastated! We have college aged kids and planned for weeks for them not to schedule work on this day for the photo. Needless to say they would be working the next few days and 1 leaving for school right after. You guessed it, she will not refund our deposit, answer emails or texts or phone calls. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with Ashley, once she gets your money, good luck!

    ReplyDelete